Pages

Thursday 21 February 2013

Jarna - My New School

First Day and Team Building

As I was entering high school my nerves were going wild. But luckily my nerves settled down a little bit as I saw my friends. When we were called in to go to the auditorium, I was feeling a bit excited but also concerned on what we were going to do. Ms George, which is the year 9 dean, got us settled into the auditorium where she announced what tutor class we are in for the whole year.

As we got to our tutor class we sit down and met our tutor teacher who is Miss Ferguson. Then we had to do a little bit of work about ourselves. After that we had interval and then we went back to tutor and finished off our work. Once the bell rang students started heading towards the door as we left for home.

The next day I found my way around to my tutor class and meet my friends there. We did some things with our teacher and then interval came very fast. Interval was finished and Miss Ferguson said we are going to got to the field.

We ended up on having a team building challenge. The challenges were mini activities but then the competition was on when we played tug of war. In the end we ended up winning some and losing some but at least we came second.


The Powhiri

On the first week of school on Thursday we had a Powhiri for the school and for the welcoming of the year 9 students. When we arrived at the gate of the Marae everyone from the school was there except us all of the year 9’s.

At the Powhiri we sung and listened to songs and people talk. It was really fun because we got to meet some of the people in the school.


Merits and Class of the Week

At Tamaki College the year 9’s do a thing every week and day called class merits. Whoever has the most merits for their class their teacher gets them a prize and the winner also gets a trophy. And the class of the week is basically  the class with the most merits.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a great start to College Jarna! Keep us posted on what you're up to.
    Mrs Nua

    ReplyDelete