Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Chelsea - Athletics


Tamaki College held a day full with, skills, participation and fun called athletics  The four houses lined up ready to perform their chant in front of the other houses. Puriri, Kowhai, Totara and Rata all had exceptional chants. 

My house, the best of course came second overall. That was an amazing improvement from the last few years. As we walked on the field bursting out with words, that made us really proud. It was like blue paint been spread over the field.

I participated in the year 10 100 meter race. Even though I wasnt at the same year as the rest of the students, Illy and I strived to succeed. I came fourth and I'm not too sure what Illy came. All also tried discus. The disk compared to my hands was huge. I just couldn't seem to get a good grip of it.  

My lazy friends, Aalyzah and Tynisha hadn't done anything, they just sat in the sun. I LOVE doing athletics at Tamaki College because you don't need to get involved in anything. You can watch everyone, eat ice blocks and have a drink, or you can have some fun in some of the different activities there were.  

This was the best athletics day EVER and I can't wait until next year.

1 comment:

  1. Good on you for joining in the fun Chelsea, I hope your friends will join in next year!

    ReplyDelete