Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Sylvia - Athletics


My very first year 9 Athletics took place on our Tamaki College field on Thursday the 21st of March. It was just like an ordianry day but it was packed with loads of fun activites for all students. On the other hand, it was a team war between house colours, Kowhai, Totara, Rata and Puriri. I was officially a member of Puriri and tried my best representing it as well. We had an awesome day ahead of us.

Watching and competing in the chants comp in the beginning, was one of my highlights. Many of them were so creative and so hard to beat, therefore, we may have lost faith.
Puriri in the end, didn’t quite win that challenge, but we got through it. Also a highlight of mine was watching and supporting our Puriri relay team. As I was watching, my heart pounded faster every step a Puriri runner took, it was exciting to keep watch of. Other houses did really well, some we couldn’t keep up with. I no doubt think next year, we will do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment