Pages

Thursday 13 June 2013

Star Dome - Mino

Last Friday, all the year nines were lucky enough to receive the opportunity to go to the Stardome Observatory. I was no stranger to the Stardome, but it had 6 whole years since I last visited. 

At the Stardome I learnt lots of new things . For example, a rocket has a separate fuel tank and extra rocket boosters that helps launch the rocket. I also learnt that the moon is not close to earth, in fact the moon is thirty earth spans away. The things we learnt included stars, galaxies, sunrise,sunset and how to read constellations. 

Everyone got to watch various videos on Youtube an Astronaut that had filmed himself doing many everyday things, like brushing your teeth. It was quite fascinating to learn that the toothpaste Astronauts have is edible. 

For our second rotation, we got to go for a 'little' walk up One Tree Hill, which was fun. I got to have a laugh, take some photos, and talk about the experience I had at the Stardome Observatory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment