Pages

Thursday 27 February 2014

Athletics - Angelica

After a whole period practising the day before, today was the day. A day of chanting, teamwork, representing your house, running, activities and overall fun. It was Tamaki College's Athletics Day for 2014. I had a sore throat and had already lost my voice from practising, however I was excited to represent my house, Puriri for another year. 

After all houses beginning with Puriri, then Rata, followed by Totara and lastly Kowhai made our way to our areas on the field, we started off with the chant battle. 
Totara went up, followed by Rata. Now it was Puriri's turn. We begun with "Blue steady, Puriri are ready". 

After one race, another one came. I competed in the first race, which was the race we had to run around the field 3 times and which gave me 5th place. I also competed in another race which was one whole lap around the field, and came 2nd. The second to last race I competed in was the 100 meter race, and I came 3rd. Lastly I joined the relay race, with a mixture of year 9's and 10's. 

My highlight for Athletics Day 2014 was competing to be very honest. Although we placed third, it was better then coming last. Also even though I didn't come first, competing and participating is what counted. I was proud of Puriri and proud walking around dressed in Blue. 

What a good way to start off this year, and to get closer with everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment