Pages

Friday 21 February 2014

Athletics - Ilisapeci

On Thursday 21st of February Tamaki College held a very special event called athletics. In athletics there are 4 houses. Puriri,Kowhai,Rata and Totara. Unfortunately this year my class was in puriri, the house we were in last year. The puriri chant was good, to be true it was better than last year. It was probably hard for us seniors to get to learn the words because it only took us one day and a half to learn the chant all properly and off by heart.
Firstly we each show cased the chant we had been practicing. We all did good, my team was loud and proud. In athletics day we had nine events which were discus, high jump, tug of war, 200m, 1500m, 400m, 100m, shot put, ziggy marley. It was good to see most of our team participate and try but for me I wanted to do high jump but I missed the chance, only because my and via was lost.

Through it all it was cool seeing the year nine participating more than us (lols). The athletics this year has made the new bees to blend in more and feel comfortable more. Overall it was good we came last (i think), Personally I thank our leaders who have taught us our chant  in one and a half day, participated, encouraged us all to go up.(soz I have forgotten their names) lols. ohh and It was HOT!! str8 up. But all was good :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment