Pages

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Athletics - Havea


The day before Athletics day was the day we praticed our chant's and my tutor class and I are in the house colour Puriri. For about fifty minutes, we had to pratice at least three chant's and the second one was the longest. To be honest it was boring as, but fun at the same time aye because my ding-dong of a friends and I were mucking around and we were just playing shadow-boxing. 

Then it came to the day of truth, yes it was Athletics days but before the events we had to practice for a little while then we have the performance's. As we practiced, my ding-dong of a friends and I did what we normally do, be idiots and muck around playing shadow boxing, but we already knew the chants so we were all sweet.

As we practiced it came to the moment of truth, and so Puriri marched onto the field like a blue gang of fierce rebels, but really, we're just a bunch of kids. Then we were seated into our area's where we had to stay seated for the remainder of the day but I reckon that was pretty smart organising that, because imagine four different house colours sitting in one group, there'd be colours every where. For the performances, Totara was first, then Rata, then it was us. As we were chanting, the boys and I were still mucking around and then Matthew (one of my ding-dong friends) and I threw Kayde ( the other ding-dong) onto my shoulder and we happily chanted, but MAN was that little guy heavy. After our performance then Kowhai was last but I got to admit, they've probably had the best house performance that I've seen so far.

After all houses performed, we started our athletics days and my friend Saia started Puriri off in the 1500m, and as minutes went by, I followed by going to shot-put, coming in third place and judging by the hugeness of the other boys that were doing shotput, I thought I was going to come last, but no I came third! After shotput I went and had a rest, meaning I went back and mucked around with the boys, for like five minutes.
Then 200m event was going. I wouldn't say I was fast but I came first by a huge gap and I was pretty impressed with myself because as I stood at the starting point, and heard the gun go off, there was this one kid named JD who was in-front of me for the first few meters, until I was in clutch mode, meaning I boosted it. After 200m I felt tired so I went and scabbed some watermelon off Mrs Tuipolotu and I personally thank her for that but anyways, I felt tired so I rested with the boys.

Later on was high jump for year ten boys and I aced that, coming in second place. For my height, I reckon I can jump pretty high. I think there were about fifteen of us and in the third round, there were only 5 of us and I manage to hold on but I couldn't much longer because 100m were on and I had to choose between 100m or High Jump, so I stuck with high jump. As High Jump went on, later was the relay that was the final event and I got to admit that was the best day of the week. I bet if we had changed one of our runners for relay, then we would've at least came third or fourth but what happened already happened.

As I look back now, I regret not going to 100m because everyone was telling I should've ran 100m but that's their problem aye, Lol. There is one person that I want to be trained by and that's one of the boys, Saia because he's so dedicated to his fitness and sports, so yeah I just wanna say Peace to the boys and Kia Ora to who ever is reading this..!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Havea, I appreciated your comprehensive report and your take on the day. It sounds like you had a very successful day of sport. I was wondering if you get to go to the inter-schools now?

    Mrs Burt

    ReplyDelete