Pages

Friday 7 February 2014

First Week Back - Saia

New Classes, New Friends and also a new beginning. Starting school again but now as a Year 10. Chills going down our spines and butterflies in our stomachs.

As everyone entered the hall on Friday thirty-first of January Twenty-Fourteen, waiting patiently for our dean Ms George to tell us our classes. As soon as she said that PFN stayed the same but we had new students from other classes I was glad.

As our new tutor class headed off to our new tutor class as well. Our new tutor class was Ms Ferguson’s Graphics class. It was an alright class but the only thing was having to walk from tutor class all the way to our classes and after school having to walk quite a distance to get to the gate.

During that day we had to pick our options. At first I was going to choose P.E , but then when Ms Ferguson explained to us that if we had chosen P.E as our option we would just write all the time and not actually do physical education. So Matthew and I started to think for a while about our options. I straight away knew that Kayde would choose his favourite Maori. So then Matthew and I pondered for a while and had chosen Computing as our option.

On the first day we ventured off to our Option classes. Jayden and I travelled nearly the whole school just trying to get to our class, even though we could of just taken the fast way. As we entered Mr Grundy looked very stunned. He was probably expecting more students to be in his class but instead it was only eight boys.

As our option came to an end I was feeling very sad because I really wanted to choose P.E as my option. I caught up with Kayde and he really never looked as happy, he was saying that Whaea Pakinga was just constantly and fluently speaking maori to her students. Kayde knew what she was talking about, but he needed some time to think about something to reply with. So I asked him if he wanted to change options, and he agreed. (HOW NOICE) So after a day or so Kayde, Havea and I caught up with Mr Dunn , Havea tried negotiating with him so that he could let us change our option classes. Even he agreed, how nice. The reason why I took the P.E option is because I really really adore sports and running and every other physical things that have to do with P.E . I was also told from my friend, who is now an Year 11 this year, is that we get to go on camps and other fun stuff like that.

I think that with the building going on in the B block, it is kind of getting in the way because we are getting confused of going up to B12 for maths then getting told that we had to move into the auditorium because it wasn’t finished, we had to take another journey, we were so so annoyed but happy because we met another new teacher Ms Harris.

Now the Powhiri. It was a fun, exciting, great and also entertaining. (but really) Us boys as we all know couldn’t even sit still for a good 5 minutes without talking or annoying anybody else, mainly because the boys in our class are easily amused from anything in the surrounding area. As the new recruits of Tamaki College entered the gates to the Marae we were all overjoyed and pleasured. I reckon that the powhiri this year was fun and short because it finished earlier than usual.

2 comments:

  1. Great review of your week Saia. I'm glad you got into PE - it sounds like you will enjoy it a lot. Great to be in Year 10 - how noice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start to the year Saia :) keep it up. Ms G

    ReplyDelete